Monday, October 17, 2011

photographing friends

Damn gurl, you fwine. Make luv to da camera, rawr. Yes, I can say this because she’s my friend. This brings me to some reasons why friends make great subjects for my photography. Reason 1: I can say semi-inappropriate things and call them names and get away with it. It is not okay to call your clients babe, hotness or any other form of endearment bordering harassment, unless you get permission from them first.


Reason 2: Friends will pretty much pose however you want them to. Maritza, lay on this stool. Bend back. A little more. Throw your arms up. Higher. Put the left foot in the air. Now the right one just below it. Face me. But don’t look at me. Okay, a little more to the right. Twist your shoulders about 17° counter clockwise. Curl your fingers. Toss your hair. Act like you’re cool. And smile.


Reason 3: After ogling at some of the images in the camera display screen, there’s often a feeling of disbelief. “Wow. Do I really look like that?” And I love being the one to say yes…every minute of the day, you are that beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment